HF G5RV Multi Band Antenna
- Brand: Wire Antennas UK
- Product Code: HF G5RV Multi Band Antenna
- Availability: In Stock
- Short Description: The G5RV is a classic multi-band wire antenna originally conceived by Louis Varney (G5RV).
- Ex Tax: £53.00
The G5RV is a classic multi-band wire antenna originally conceived by Louis Varney (G5RV). The antenna derives its name from his callsign. This typically a 102 feet long non-resonant multi-band dipole which is usually center-fed. Any length of 50-Ohm coax
- Type: Half size G5RV (standard)
- Frequency: 10-15-20-40 Metres
- Wire length: 15.5 Metres of 1.5mm enamelled copper wire
- Ribbon length: 4.6 Metres of high quality USA 300 Ohm
- Resonant band: 10M
- Impedance: 50 Ohms
- Power: 500 Watts
- Connection: High quality high power SO239 moulded socket
G5RV Full Size HF Wire Antenna is an HF Amateur Band, Receive and Transmit Antenna, covering 80m to 10m bands. It's overall length is 102ft , and should be fed with good quality 50 Ohms coaxial cable (recommended feed length of 45 or 90 ft). The ribbon cable should hang downwards and forms part of the radiating antenna. To achieve optimum results, this antenna should be mounted as high as possible, either horizontally or in an inverted "V" formation, with the centre mounted at least 36 ft from the ground. G5RV comes fully assembled & ready to go. Excellent for use where space is limited, good for unobtrusive garden. A highly recommended Short Wave listening antenna. UK made and supplied complete with ladder feed and fittings. Frequency 3.5-30 MHz Bands 80-10 metres Full length 102 feet 2 x 51 feet poly weave none kink wire elements Ladder ribbon cable Feeder terminated in SO-239 Socket 2 x dog bone insulators complete with instruction sheet Made In Great Britain The superior full size G5RV comes fully assembled and ready to go.